Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bush Would Sell Out Anyone

I just watched a swearing-in ceremony on CNN in which Barack Obama promised a greater openness and higher standards of honesty in his administration. Once again I felt renewed and fresh and hopeful about my government. Man, I do like this guy.

But just after that I arrived at the computer to continue making a few posts and I saw something else on Bush from a few days ago that just made me roll my eyes back into my head and offer a silent thank you that he's gone. He had no ethical standards - he'd sell out his mother to the devil if he thought it would further his own political ends.

Check this out, from Yahoo News...

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was left shame-faced after President George W. Bush ordered her to abstain in a key UN vote on the Gaza war, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on Monday.

"She was left shamed. A resolution that she prepared and arranged, and in the end she did not vote in favour," Olmert said in a speech in the southern town of Ashkelon.

No comments: