Friday, July 11, 2008

Link - More on Religion

Frequent readers here know of my disdain for organized religion. I have no problem that people want to believe in these fantasies - but I do get upset when they wish to impose their religious values on the rest of us. In particular I find fault with Christianity (I was raised in the religion so I know more about it). Not only is the Bible based on a fairy tale, but it is a bad fairy tale to boot. Note the following as one of hundreds of good questions from The Sketpic's Annotated Bible...

(1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light"God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?


Link

No comments: