Monday, June 30, 2008

Teacher Fired for Silly Magic Trick

Seems like I'm focusing on the generic stupidity of the human race with my posts today (see previous two posts). It just flabbergasts me that we live in an age of great scientific discoveries and such great human advancements in fields like medicine and space travel, that we actually have people with the mentality of the basic Neanderthal. But it seems as if they are in great numbers on our planet.

Wizardry in the classroom
May 6, 2008

from within the crainium by joke du jour

I'll avoid the obvious Harry Potter riff.
Teacher Fired for Magic Trick, County Calls It "Wizardry"

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. -- A Florida substitute teacher says his job disappeared after doing a magic trick in front of his students. Substitute teacher Jim Piculas made a toothpick disappear, then reappear in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land O' Lakes, Florida. The Pasco County School District says there were several other performance issues, but none compared to his "wizardry."

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue. You can't take any more assignments. You need to come in right away.' I said, 'Well, Pat, can you explain this to me?' 'You've been accused of wizardry,'" Piculas explained.

No comments: