Sunday, December 30, 2007

This Is Too Damn Funny...

The story comes from Raw Story...


The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism.
Vatican chiefs are concerned at what they see as an increased interest in the occult.

Each bishop is to be told to have in his diocese a number of priests trained to fight demonic possession.



This should be interesting - squads of priests wandering the streets, looking for the devil so they can provide an exorcism. I wish them luck - I've been alive for a lot of years and I've never seen hide-nor-tail of the devil yet. Maybe they'll wear special x-ray vision glasses.




The initiative was revealed by 82-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican "exorcistinchief," to the online Catholic news service Petrus.
Exorcist - in - Chief? You've got to be kidding me!


"Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," he said.

Okay, let's assume they find the devil. Since they can't see him, how will they know which end is the head - you know, so they can fight him "head on."

I won't go after any more of the story - I don't want to ruin your fun reading it.

I'm waiting for the sequel - when the Pope declares war on all other religions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get this picture of a couple of priests or bishops hopping out a VW bug with a big colorful sign on the door "Exorcism Squad" (with a cross, of course). Seeing something like that should scare the devil out of anyone, dontchathink?