Friday, July 13, 2007

Did You Know - Republican Hypocrites

I suspect that it seems like I take some glee in the downfall of the Republican politicians, and I do, but there is more to it than that. It is the hypocrisy - the disparity between their words and their actions that drives me insane and thus brings joy to my heart when they get caught up in their immoral behavior.

Take prostitution, for example. It seems to me that it is a victimless crime that should be legalized - perhaps even controlled. If it were legal, then all income from this profession would be taxable and it would reduce the taxes the rest of us have to pay (or at least it would help bring down the national deficit). And if it was legal, then we could legislate medical check-ups and help control the spread of STDs in the country.

But alas, it is not legal and it is viewed by many as a sin, and so it is that I take some joy in reporting the following...


Louisiana Sen. David Vitter, whose telephone number was disclosed by the so-called "D.C. Madam" accused of running a prostitution ring, says he is sorry for a "serious sin" and that he has already made peace with his wife. "This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said Monday in a printed statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."


and further down in the report...


Vitter said his wife has forgiven him, but CBS News correspondent Bob Fuss reports she seemed less forgiving in an interview in 2000 when President Clinton's adultery was in the news. "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary," she said. "If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."

Lorena Bobbitt, in a 1993 case that drew worldwide attention, cut-off her husband's penis during an argument.



From CBS News.

Update:

Keith Olberman from MSNBC does an in-depth look at the DC Mister...


No comments: