Saturday, May 19, 2007

Did You Know - Rep John Doolittle

I'll be honest - I didn't think anyone really read any of this blog. I post most of the stuff here because it gives me some sense of satisfaction. It kind of blew me away when, a couple of posts back, Impediment left me not one, but two comments. Not that they were fun - they pointed out some errors in my post - but it was a reminder that some folks, 2 or 3 anyway, stop by once in a while and read what I've written. I guess I have to be a little more careful with spelling and assumptions. Not that I'll be error free from now on, but I will do a little more proof reading.

Now, on with the posts.

Here's another little clip on Republican malfeasance that I ran across. The original article seems to have been removed from the site, but if you visit the site and search for Doolittle, I think you'll find a follow-up editorial on the subject.


Whatever the ultimate outcome of the U.S. Department of Justice’s ongoing investigation into Congressman John T. Doolittle and his wife, Julie--and it’s been going on for three years now--clearly his political career is over. Even if he and his wife unexpectedly locate some loophole to avoid indictment or imprisonment for the two corruption cases in which their fund-raising activities are inextricably entangled, the Doolittles’ unsavory skimming of campaign contributions and personally pocketing more than a quarter-million dollars have forever finished off their reputations among their own conservative kith and kin.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Charles, I read your posts and snicker at your graphics, every day.

Keep up the good work.

I definitely appreciate your efforts.