Friday, April 27, 2007

Did You Know - Unhappy Marine

The following is posted on Craig's List - a rant from a marine who served in Iraq. Is it real? Don't know. Dos it express some of the sentiments a lot of us have about the war? Perhaps. Click here to read the whole letter. (Adult Language)

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

No comments: