Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stand Still and Die

A few days ago I wrote about the lack of direction we are given with President Bush's "stay the course" policy in Iraq. I'm not really sure what the hell that means, are you? Does that mean we stay in Iraq, barely holding our own, watching our soldiers get killed with little hope of accomplishing anything?

I'm not the only one. The Boston Globe reports (I picked this up from a news article in Monsters and Critics) that John Kerry has now labeled President Bush's policy as "stand still and lose." I'd like to offer another, more graphic variation - stand still and die.

I hate to repeat myself, but I still don't understand the Bush strategy. He must see that, at best, we are only holding our ground. What is he waiting for? Isn't it time to try some other strategies? I'd prefer that he start drawing down troop levels, but I'm not sure whether I even care if he escalates the war by adding more troops - just do something, for Christ's sake.

No comments: