Friday, May 19, 2006

Arrest Bush and Cheney

From Molly Ivens - on the website - Working For Change - click here to read the entire article...
Trouble is, the world is not apt to hold still for two years. It seems to me pointless to impeach Bush. In the first place, the Republicans so trivialized impeachment into partisan piffle, it would look like little more than payback. In the second place, I believe Dick Cheney is seriously off the rails, apparently deeply paranoid -- let's not put him in charge. The minimum we should expect of Bush in return for dropping impeachment (or not) is that he cease breaking the law. Despite the opinions of Dick Cheney, Alberto Gonzales, David Addington, etc., the president of the United States does not have the authority to set aside the law.
But I have a major disagreement with Molly here - I think that G.W. Bush and R. Cheney should BOTH be impeached - and I don't think it should stop there.
I believe that in order to strengthen our nation of laws, once they are impeached they should both be put on trial for high crimes and misdemeanors against the United States of America. I believe they are traitors to this country as they have repeatedly used their offices to lie and decieve the American public while leading us into a loss of our basic freedoms.
They have changed the basic philosophy of this nation so that it no longer represents a nation of people, but, to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, it is now a nation 'of the corporations and wealthy, by the corporations and wealthy, for the corporations and wealthy.'
Throw them both in the slammer and maybe the next 43 Presidents will think a little more carefully about their behavior in office.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled on your site and I share many of your views, but of course, not all of them...I'm getting to be a very opinionated old fart!
I love Molly Ivins and think very highly of her perceptions. By the way, her name is spelled 'Ivins' FYI. Could have been a typo but just in case I thought I would mention it.
I have several blogs and on one of them I place some of my own cartoons. If you are interested send me an email and I will hook you up.
Thanks

Bozo Funny said...

Dicky,

Thanks for the comment. I checked the spelling of Ivins name and you are correct. I hope you find stuff here that you find informative or useful.

Charles